The following rules are set as a reminder that academic honesty is an expectation of our students at Sauk Valley Community College and to reinforce that we are doing our part to ensure this expectation is being met.
- Students may utilize the Testing Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, students should not wait until the last minute to take an exam, as seats may not be available.
- A photo ID must be presented when taking any test in the Testing Center. No exceptions.
- Students with special testing needs must consult their instructor prior to starting a test in the Testing Center. If accommodations are needed, see note at bottom of these rules.
- Electronic devices such as, but not limited to, cell phones and smart watches are not allowed in the Testing Center. Possession of such a device while in the testing room (even if turned off) will cause the student to be removed immediately from the Testing Center.
- No foods, drinks, or tobacco products are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Students cannot leave the Testing Center during tests nor can students return to the Testing Center to finish tests at a later time unless their instructors have made such arrangements.
- Students must contact their instructors directly to inquire if their tests have been placed in the Testing Center. A student must receive prior approval from their instructor if requesting a test date other than the scheduled test dates or when arranging for a makeup test.
- Students must use scrap paper provided by the Testing Center as long as your instructor has approved its use. This scratch paper must be turned into the proctor with your exam prior to leaving the Testing Center.
- No calculators, notes, websites, apps, unauthorized aids such as slide rules, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc. are allowed unless specified by instructors.
- All personal property should be locked in the Testing Center lockers.
- Students may not wear hats, coats, or sunglasses in the Testing Center. Backpacks and briefcases must be hung up or placed in the designated area.
- Students found guilty of academic dishonesty are subject to disciplinary action as found in the Student Handbook.
- As part of the College’s ongoing commitment to ensuring safety and security on campus, security cameras have been installed to assist in making our Testing Center as safe as possible. Test takers will be monitered by video surveillance at all times.
- Please apply by contacting the disability support coordinator to make any necessary arrangements for accommodations for testing. This office is located in 1F25 or by calling extension 220.
- Once approved, special test arrangements must be made, in advance, with your instructor and the Testing Center proctor. Examples of accommodations might include an exam scribe, exam reader, headphones, wheelchair accessible computer, and/or extended time in order to complete your test.