Online Web Design Training
Course : Web Design Professional - GES517
Become a Web Developer
Job Outlook for Web Designers
- On average, web designers make just over $61,000 annually, according to workforce analytics firm Burning Glass.
- Burning Glass data also indicates that job demand for web designers will increase 15% over the next decade, which is almost double the average growth for all other careers.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), web developers is just over $75,000. Many web designers today function as the design and development lead on web projects.
Web Design FAQs
WHAT DO WEB DESIGNERS DO?
Web designers create and design the look, feel and layout of websites and web pages. Primarily, it is the web designer’s responsibility to organize the information, assets and content in the best way possible to create a unique user experience.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WEB DESIGNER AND WEB DEVELOPER?
CAN WEB DESIGNERS BECOME WEB DEVELOPERS? OR, VICE-VERSA?
Yes, many web design professionals today have the skills and knowledge to handle both web design and development. As web technology evolves, many web designers have added development to their tool kit to create more informed user experiences.
WHAT ARE THE MOST IN-DEMAND WEB DESIGN SKILLS?
Some of the top skills for web designers include:
- Visual design with a focus on design principles for digital products.
- UX (user experience) to approach designs with a user-first perspective.
- Design software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to create mockups, build assets like logos and images, and modify photos.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is expected to create and structure content for most web design jobs today.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is needed to format and style HTML, which includes colors, fonts and layout
- Plan, design, and build dynamic database-driven websites using the latest technologies
- Master basic HTML and learn CSS for decorating pages
Prerequisites and Requirements
- There are no prerequisites to take the course.
- INTRODUCTION TO HTML
- INTRODUCTION TO CSS
- CREATING, STYLING, AND VALIDATING FORMS
- BOOTSTRAP TRAINING
- MIDTERM EXAM
- COLOR THEORY
- INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP CREATIVE CLOUD (CC) TRAINING
- INTRODUCTION TO DREAMWEAVER CREATIVE CLOUD (CC) TRAINING
- MANAGING WEB DESIGN PROJECTS
- ADOBE ANIMATE CREATIVE CLOUD (CC) TRAINING
- WEB DESIGN PROFESSIONAL FINAL EXAM
- FINAL PROJECT
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.